Laser Surgery For Piles
16 Reasons Why You Should opt For Laser Surgery for Hemorrhoids or Piles Over Conventional Surgery
The controlled emission of laser energy is applied submucosally and causes the hemorrhoidal mass to shrink. in addition, the fibrotic reconstruction generates new connective tissue which ensures that the mucosa adheres to the underlying tissue.
There arises no need for foreign materials (clamps) to be inserted and unlike other procedures.
Laser treatment for the hemorrhoids is not associated with any risk of stenosis or narrowing.
If you are considering opting for Laser surgery as a treatment for hemorrhoids, here is what you should know:
laser surgery for hemorrhoids is a popular and safe procedure that offers several advantages over traditional surgery.
Compared to other surgical treatments, a laser effectively treats hemorrhoids and improves symptoms related to them. In addition, after the surgery, there is no or minimal post-operative pain. Similar benefits are seen for patients with severe anal spasms, external thrombosis, fissure, sentinel tags, fistula & varicose veins.
The laser focuses on the affected area during the procedure, sealing off the small blood vessels.
Laser surgery for pile
This is the most advanced technique in healing hemorrhoids/piles.
The patient is given general / spinal anesthesia during the procedure. There is minimal pain involved in the surgery.
A laser fibre is passed through the anal opening, and laser energy is applied to the hemorrhoidal mass. The controlled emission of laser energy reaches the submucosa zone, causing the hemorrhoidal group to shrink. Fibrosis reconstruction generates new connective tissue, ensuring the mucosa adheres to the underlying tissue, preventing prolapse recurrence.
This technique is very helpful in dealing with hemorrhoids that have not been cured for a long time. There is no scarring and no wound in the surgery.
It is a 30-minute day care procedure. The patient can go home the same day after the surgery or stay overnight.
The post-surgery complications are very less in this minimally invasive procedure to treat piles.
The patient can resume normal activities after 2-3 days but need to avoid strenuous work.
In a nutshell, we can describe the peculiar differences in the following table:
Laser Piles Surgery
Open Piles Surgery
Bleeding or Blood loss
Time to complete
Risk of infection
Quick or fast
Time to get back to daily routines
How is laser surgery better than conventional surgery?
Laser surgery or laser therapy is a day-care procedure that offers several advantages over traditional surgery. For example, laser treating haemorrhoids effectively improves symptoms and reduces post-operative pain compared to banding surgery. Similar benefits are seen for patients with severe anal spasms, external thrombosis, fissure, and sentinel tags, fistula & varicose veins due to ever-growing advantages, namely:
- Less operation time, discharge within a few hours
- Back to routine life in 3-5 days
- Greater surgical precision
- Stitch less treatment with no scars.
- Faster recovery as there are no cuts or stitches.
- Quick relief from the symptoms
- Less blood loss during surgery
- No or minimal post-operative pain
- Reduced risk of infection
- Reduced risk of rectal stenosis or narrowing
- Aesthetically the best procedures – helps as a confidence booster for the patient.
- The anal sphincter action is well preserved (no chances of incontinence or faecal leak).
- Least recurrence rates
- Fewer doctor visits post-surgery
- High success rates
- No need for general anesthesia. Local or spinal anesthesia is applicable for this surgery
What are the anorectal diseases that require laser surgery?
Hemorrhoids or piles are excessive arterial blood flow, causing dilations in the hemorrhoidal plexuses and, consequently, congestion.
An anal fistula is a small, infected channel that can develop between the end of the bowel and the skin near the anus. Most anal fistulas result from an infection in an anal gland that spreads to the skin.
An anal fissure is a small tear or a crack in the lining of the anus. An anal fissure may occur when passing hard or large stools causing pain and bleeding during bowel movements.e.
Pilonidal cysts are the sacs filled with hair and skin debris formed at the top of the crease of the buttocks above the sacrum. A painful abscess can develop if the cyst and overlying skin become infected.
- Before Surgery: The medical team will explain the procedure and give instructions about do’s and don’ts before and after the surgery. You will also undergo some pre-operative investigations.
- During Surgery: Surgery is carried out under local or regional anesthesia by a specialized team of anaesthetists, laser proctology surgeons, and other medical staff. Depending on the type of surgery, surgeons perform the surgery in a few minutes to an hour.
- After Surgery: Depending on your clinical status, you may need to stay in the hospital for a few hours or overnight. Recovery varies from person to person. Generally, patients go back to day-to-day activities in a day or two.
It is a minimally invasive and sphincter-preserving technique used in treating anorectal fistula. The affected tissue (epithelialized path) is destroyed and sealed using laser emission radially 360° in a controlled manner. This is one of Vadodara’s most resorted laser treatments for fistula.
For chronic anal fissure that is resistant to medical and conservative approaches, the doctor may decide to perform a surgery called lateral internal sphincterotomy (LIS). During the surgery, a small portion of the internal sphincter muscle is cut. This helps to reduce pain and pressure and allows the healing of the fissure.
We are the best choice for Laser surgery for piles in Vadodara as we have extensive experience in this field.
Vadodara has become one of Gujarat’s best places for laser surgeries. The cost of Laser Treatment for Haemorrhoids in Vadodara is in the range from ₹40,000 to 80,000 depending on the type of hospital, availability of skilled surgeons, and type (grade of haemorrhoids).
Therefore, if you or someone you care about are looking for the best place to undergo laser hemorrhoids surgery, then VIGOS hospital is worth considering,
VIGOS Hospital offers the best if you are looking for laser treatment for haemorrhoids piles, fissure or fistula surgery in Vadodara.
Our doctors are highly skilled and can treat hemorrhoids at any stage. There are different types of laser surgeries that we offer which our leading doctors will recommend, depending on your symptoms and stage.
Our specialist, Dr Samir Contractor & Dr Kalpesh Jani are one of the most renowned laparoscopic GI and Obesity Surgeons in Vadodara, India. Both have more than 24 years of experience years of experience.
For the most affordable haemorrhoids laser treatment cost in Vadodara, contact VIGOS Hospital and schedule a consultation today!
We provide the utmost care to all our patients and ensure their surgical journey is seamless. Because of the following medical services and facilities, most people in Vadodara visit our hospital.
- Advanced piles laser treatment at an affordable cost.
- Assistance in the insurance paperwork.
- Multiple modes of payment options to ease the financial burden on the patient.
- Free follow-up sessions after the surgery.
- Free diet consultations.
Get in touch with us via phone or WhatsApp or message us on google map.
The success of laser colorectal surgery depends on the surgical team and the availability of an advanced setup. Therefore, look out for a haemorrhoids laser treatment hospital in Vadodara with a specialised team of doctors, led by a highly experienced gastro surgeon. Also, the Laser Haemorrhoids Clinic in Vadodara should be advanced with well-equipped tools and techniques for carrying out surgery and managing post-surgery complications, if any.
Luckily VIGOS hospital has even more advanced treatment options for piles than laser.
Yes. Laser piles treatment is usually covered under health insurance and Mediclaim policies.
You can contact your insurance provider and verify whether the plan you have covers the piles operation cost or not. The actual piles operation cost varies according to the factors mentioned above, but if your policy coverage is sufficient, the cost will not deter you from getting the advanced laser piles treatment at one of the best hospitals in your city.
As said earlier, the cost of piles laser surgery in Vadodara is not the same for every patient and is subject to change based on several factors. Let me explain that in detail.
- Grades of piles: depending on the type and grade of piles that need to be treated, piles laser surgery cost varies from one individual to another. Grade-1 piles can be treated with a combination of medicines and home remedies. Thus, treatment of grade-1 piles can cost you less when compared with the treatment of grade-4 piles, i.e., laser or other types of pile surgery.The higher the grade of piles, the higher the complexity of the treatment and so greater the cost.
- Type of Piles Hospital and seniority and experience of the surgeon.The type of hospital from where you wish to get treated for piles can affect the overall cost of piles laser surgery. This is due to the services and facilities provided by the respective type of piles hospital in Vadodara. The seniority of the doctor makes the difference in the outcome of the patient.So, choose the right type of piles hospital considering all the above factors.
- Type of Diagnostic or Laboratory Tests
Diagnosing the condition plays a vital role in deciding the treatment plan. So, to diagnose piles correctly, most doctors recommend their patients undergo several types of diagnostic tests mentioned below.
Digital rectal examination
Mild to moderate
Mild to moderate
These diagnostic tests will help the doctor know the type, grade, and severity of piles. Based on the results, the doctor can plan proper piles treatment. The cost of these diagnostic tests varies from each other and impacts the overall piles laser operation cost in Vadodara.
- Pre- and post-Surgical Medications
To minimize the risk of bacterial infections and reduce the chances of post-surgical complications, we prescribe, antibiotics, suppositories, painkillers, etc.
In a few cases, these medications are prescribed as a prophylactic measure or to increase the positive results of the piles laser treatment.
- Number of Post-Surgical Follow-ups
Post-surgical follow-up sessions help doctors to evaluate the outcomes of piles laser surgery. And help to monitor the overall health condition of the patient. The cost of each follow-up session can add up to the overall pile’s laser treatment cost in Vadodara. But we provide it free.
Every coin has two sides. Every technology has its good and bad. Similarly, laser treatment for piles also has its downside.
- Cost: Though the surgery doesn’t take as long as conventional surgery, the technology aspect and the benefits push up the cost of laser treatment than other procedures.
- Using laser beams to treat diseases is no easy task. Each laser fiber will come only for a specific number of cases; hence spare laser fiber should be readily available.
- Training: Surgeons performing the surgery must have required training. Untrained surgeons can cause complications. Patients must check the credibility and experience of the surgeon.
- Uncontrollable Bleeding: Laser surgery can cause uncontrolled bleeding in rare cases. Healthy tissues can get affected. It can cause significant damage.
- Fibrosis: Laser beams can cause tissue fibrosis. It can result in tissue fissures in the future. It is a secondary complication in Laser Piles Surgery.